"And be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2a
The main goal of adult discipleship and education at Parkview is for adults to "be transformed by the renewing of their mind." This goal begs the question, "How then is the mind renewed?" The Bible teaches that:
- God's Word is "alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword";
- The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of God abides forever";
- "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God";
- We are to "hide God's Word in our heart so we will not sin against Him";
- We are to "meditate on His Word day and night"
...and what do verses like these tell us as believers? That God's Word must be central in our lives if we want to be a people that will please and glorify Him! If the Word of God is to be central in our lives, then it should also be central in our ministries. It is the hope of the adult discipleship and education ministry, that every ministry activity and discipleship process would reflect the centrality and necessity of the Word of God. Throughout the year, many dollars and hours will be spent on numerous different activities, programs and processes, but the goal of all we will do, will be to become a people who are consistently growing in knowledge, understanding and proper application of the "living and enduring Word of God!"