“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone,
the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
Recreation is anything anyone enjoys and chooses to do in their leisure time. How is this important to a ministry? I believe people are more apt to share the gospel message while doing something they enjoy. People tend to listen to people they have things in common with and respect. With this basic foundation, we can give birth to a ReCreation Ministry.
A ReCreation Ministry should have three basic functions/focuses:
- to unify the church body (the people) - Colossians 3:12-16
- to be a witness to a lost people - Acts 2:32-33a, 46-47
- to help both new and not so new converts pursue a healthier life spiritually, physically and emotionally - Philippians 2:1-4
This happens by way of:
• evangelism training
• fellowship opportunities
• educational programs
• small group and topical study groups
• structured and self-guided recreational opportunities
Recreation Ministry should always use scripture as its foundation, motivation and visualization.
(Its beginning, middle and end)
Recreation Ministry is NOT a sports club!
Church Recreation when properly administrated will
→ Spiritually Re-Create churched and unchurched; saved and lost